Due to the recent warm temperatures and lack of snow, trails are closed. Everyone needs to think SNOW❄️❄️❄️
trails are open...Please use caution for wet spots and any downed trees. Ride safe
Trails are closed!
Please respect the trails....
thank you to the guys that have been helping out recently with our brush removal and bridge repairs. Re decking of the Home Tavern and happy valley bridges were completed. We will be posting more work parties to help get the trails in tip top shape for the 2016/17 season.
help needed to remove two small bridges on Elk park rd. Please meet at the bottom of whitemans hill at the anglers parking lot at 5:00.
Due to warm temperatures and rain scheduled in forecast trails are currently closed. Think snow❄️Everyone.
Finally snow!!! Trails are open
Due to the recent warm temperatures and rain in the forecast, trails are currently closed.
All trail work is performed by our members willing to volunteer their time. Countless hours go into keeping the trees and brush trimmed back as well as adding culvert pipes and water crossings to try and keep the trails as dry as possible. With this work, we also have to post the signs to the trail system, as well as remove them at the end of the season. We have a small group that maintians the whole trail system, more volunteers are always welcome and needed. The use of heavy equipment is greatly appreciated. If you have a machine you would like to volunteer some time with, please contact us, it is always needed.
Special thanks goes out to Al Markam of A&K Concrete for the repeated use of his mini excavator and skidsteer. Would also like to thank Jody Bateman for the use of his bulldozer. The use of these machines makes the work of the volunteers a little bit easier.
Currently there is three pieces of trail grooming equipment used by our club.
1. Bombardier Bombi - This is our largest machine. It recently went through a major overhaul in which the ring and pinion and brake bands were replaced, the whole body received a new coat of paint, new glass was installed, and many wiring updates were done to accomodate our drag. The drag is a custom build, by some of the club members.
2. 2011 Skidoo Skandic - This unit was purchased by our club with state grant money. Special thanks to the members who worked on obtaining this grant. We also purchased a 16 foot trailer at the same time for hauling the equipment. The sled was purchased through Loudermilk Tractor and Cycle of Ashtabula Ohio. This sled also pulls a drag built by the club members
3. Polaris Longtrack - This sled has been a member of the club for sometime. Although it is our oldest piece of equipment, it still performs well, specially on our tighter trail areas.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
- We have a beautiful trail system Thanks to private property owners. It is a challenge to get permission and trails built. It can only take a moment to lose them!
- Riding the trail system is a Privilege! Not a Right. Please respect private property.
- Operate your machine as quietly as possible around residential homes & businesses, especially if your snowmobile is equipped with a performance exhaust system.
- Please ride safely and Obey the posted speed limits on area roads, especially in Boro and residential areas.
- Keep a close eye out for deer!
- Triangle S and other area snowmobile clubs build their own trail systems. We rely on private property, our own volunteers, donations, fund raisers & club dues to operate.