Lately I have been running into people who ride the trails and do not belong to a club. There response is why should I belong when I have been riding for free? or what do I get for joining? I decided it was time to post this.
MORE REASONS TO JOIN A SNOWMOBILE CLUB
Often repeated but always true, this list is courtesy of John T. Prusak of SnowGoer Magazine.
- Snowmobile clubs gain land access to create our snowmobile trails.
- Snowmobile clubs build the trails we all ride on.
- Snowmobile clubs purchase the insurance.
- Snowmobile clubs, for our safety, maintain and install the trail signage on our trails.
- Snowmobile clubs are solely responsible for grooming our trails.
- Snowmobile clubs can offer financial benefits through sponsoring and promoting businesses.
- Snowmobile clubs promote safer riding and sponsor safety training for our children.
- Belonging to a snowmobile club gives you a great social outlet for our favorite hobby.
- Belonging to a snowmobile club gives you a direct voice about trail creation, maintenance and signage.
- Belonging to a snowmobile club is just the right thing to do if you ride and want to keep the sport of snowmobiling alive. I love this list! I challenge you to do the right thing and join club. Take the time to get online and pay your dues. If you don't join a local club, someday there may be no trails to ride!